Tuesday, October 20, 2009

You weren't planning to sleep any time soon, right?

Creepypasta

Fun blog I found somewhere, they post scary stories and creepy images.

For the past, however long I've been online, I've been collecting pictures that are basically creepy to downright scary. The most effective one I have is actually one of my mother making a face. Out of respect, I don't post it, but I think anybody who saw it would agree that it is scary.

This will be my first blog entry with a jump break.  If you don't want to get the bloody wits scared out of you, don't click "Read More".  On the other hand, if you're feeling brave, go ahead and do so now.

This first picture will make you think of the 1980s horror movie franchise "Predator".  Those aliens were never named on-screen, but Star Trek changed up the design just enough to not get sued and introduced them as the Nausicaans.  They're a race of thugs, enforcers, bodyguards, and are never portrayed as being nice in any way, shape, or form.  Like the Predator, they are quite scary to look at:


Next we have a production still from the film The Ring -- not the Japanese Ringu, but the American remake.  Early on in the film, a pair of teenage girls share a story about a killer videotape.  One saw this tape, and was called and told she had seven days to live -- seven days ago.  After a spooky scene with a television, the doomed girl goes upstairs.  She turns the door handle, and the camera goes inside the room, and zooms in as she opens the door.  The below effect is meant to show her both scared to death and having been in a well for seven days.  I have a stillframe from the film -- it only lasts a third of a second or so -- but this production still is a bit clearer.  This frame never appears in the film, as such.




STILL gives me the chills!  Though not as bad as a few years back.  Now I can joke about it.  Liv Tyler, bad hair day?  OK, OK.

Now I know you've seen this guy.  Sam, the Chinese Crested, has been named the World's Ugliest Dog a few years before passing away last year?  May his ugly, but I'm quite sure loyal and lovable ass rest in peace.


As you can see, they cleverly put his back paw in his mouth for added effect.  Makes you wonder, did they really need to do that?  He's a bald dog with ratty ears, messed-up teeth, and Gizmo hair.  Not to mention he could stand to gain a few pounds -- or he's old.  He doesn't look amused in either.  I'd like to see a happy picture of him.  And if I met him, or a dog like him, I'd have no problems petting him, playing catch, whatever.  A dog's a dog, and a dog's man's best friend -- even though I'm more of a cat person.



Mannequins are creepy, but these two go out of their way to be weird.   Is it their heads leaning forward?  Is it their dark eyes, or the way their hair frames their faces?  I don't know, but whoever found these mannequins attractive enough to sell their clothes is weird.


Kangaroos are alright with me, but I've never seen one in real life, just pictures.  I'd love to hang out with a domesticated one sometime.  Them and koala bears.  Aussies just get the coolest animals.  I know it's gotta be the red eye that makes this marsupial frightening.  It obviously just looked up at someone taking its picture; the result completely unintentional.

Last but not least, if you were a fan of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, you probably recognize these:


These (and the Cat's Eye one, which I haven't got) used to scare me so much when I was younger.  They're just creepy images.  It's like, you can tell they were once beautiful young ladies, and at this stage of decomposition some of that's still there, in a sense.  Also, it's almost like they kind of have eyes, deep in there, like a vengeful spirit that wants to get back at whoever did this to them.

I hope I haven't scared anybody too badly.  If you have any creepy or scary pictures, please leave them in the comments.

No comments: