Saturday, June 9, 2007

Our cars


Click image to make it grow...

These are our cars: On the left, my 1987 Acura Legend; on the right, "Chuggy", Jen's 1990 or 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlas Calais. The picture is very flattering to Chuggy. You can't see the damage to the rear fender (similar to the front), or the trunk tied down, or the missing gas cap cover. Or the fact that the driver's door is missing its interior panel and the driver's window cannot be rolled down. Chuggy's name is well earned. But it has served Jen well for about five years, about as long as I've had the Acura. Mine, I bought in San Jose, CA for $3,500 from a friend of a friend. It was immaculate when I got it, but I haven't taken good care of the inside. I get my oil changes - and if you read below, I just got new tires on it. It's mechanically sound but kinda messy inside. Still, it's a nice car for being 20 years old.

No comments: